Up close, live, real time, VENDING

Saturday night Mr. T & I went to Beulahland to watch the machine in action.  To our dismay, the whole bottom row was sold out when we got there at 10, & we hadn't thought to show up with back-up  Chance & Spirit Animal stock.  Still, I was able to witness my very first purchase!  A fly-looking girl bought "Control" by Janet  Jackson (Miss Jackson, if you're nasty) on cassette.  I was thrilled.  You know I love cassettes.  Another person bought a pack of rolling papers.
    The best part wasn't just watching the sales though, it was seeing people's surprised faces as they walked by the machine and slowly took notice of the unexpected things inside.   Two groups of people took photos of the machine, lots giggled, wide-eyed as they gazed into the glowing box. All the while, I was beaming, even MORE wide-eyed, and Mr. T just sat back with a happy I-told-you-so grin.
    Now we're getting ready for the launch party on Thursday.

Comments

Popular Posts