Avalanche

Since the article in the WW, business has been up 25%.  Cha-Ching $$$!!!
And yet, I have also been running out of quarters, and having to buy quarters at the bank for restocking. This expense has been seriously dampening my publicity revenue bump.
    I figured the change problem was a result of pinball players using the Venderia as a change machine.  I assumed they were sticking in $5 bills, getting coins back, using them for pinball, & thereby removing them from the sacred vending-change-loop.
    Then, yesterday, the ever-vigilant Betsy May told me her friend put a bunch of coins in the machine and nothing happened.  Nothing except the Venderia swallowed the coins, refused to return them or expel products.  Yikes!  I decided to open up the coin mechanism to see what was going on....

AVALANCHE!!!!

It was raining men- specifically presidents Washington, Roosevelt, & Jefferson.  


Seriously, $40 of quarters poured out of the machine, plus a few nickels and dimes and one damn penny that probably caused the jam in the first place!  The coins were EVERYWHERE inside the machine.  And by everywhere, I mean everywhere EXCEPT where they're supposed to be.  I couldn't clear all the coins, so I had to come back this morning with additional tools- tweezers, Korean-style metal chopsticks, and an unfamiliar, weird plastic tool Bruce left in our new garage.  I got most of 'em out, but still the machine is not reading coins properly, though it IS giving change.


Comments

Popular Posts