Home Is Where Your Art Is

To walk into your friend's home and see your artwork on  display is a glorious feeling.   Just a postcard taped to the fridge, or a mini-collage framed on a shelf, even a hand embroidered sweater  folded and gently tucked in their drawer, all are testaments to loving bond & a shared creative vision.  My dearest friends & family are flung far across the globe, and though I miss them tremendously, it puts me at peace to know that through my artwork a little piece of me can stay with them wherever ever ever they may be.
 Now through this vending machine project, my artwork is more widely distributed than ever before.  How exciting to think of strangers placing spirit animals I created on their mantles, or strangers photographing themselves with the Venderia.  Home is where your art is.  My home is getting bigger and bigger.

This photo was taken in my neighbor's kitchen.  They got 2 coloring kits out of the extra big mystery box at the launch party.

Comments

Popular Posts